Thursday, August 27, 2009

Boboless Week.

Well, it's been nearly a week since the Bobo Fairy came and went and so far, so good! Braedan had a tough time falling asleep without it, so his Daddy or I would stay in the room till he fell asleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, when he'd usually wake up to put it back in his mouth, he is was coming into our bed. He usually sleeps in till at least 8am or later, but since the Bobo is gone, he is up every morning like clockwork at 6:45am. Now, at nearly a week without the Bobos, he is falling asleep on his own and staying asleep all night without coming into our room. He is still waking earlier than usual, but not a huge deal. He has asked for them every day since he gave them up, but usually only once a day, and is satisfied when I re-tell the entire story. He used to take an afternoon nap when he needed one, but without the bobos, has a hard time falling asleep during the day. So yesterday, he crashed on the couch after a long afternoon running errands and my dad tucked Zoey's doll in his arms (usually he has his big fluffy white stuffed dog!). When he woke up, he thought it was pretty funny he had been snuggling sister's doll, and promptly threw her on the ground (nice, right?)! All in all, I would say the transition to get rid of the bobos went easier than expected and we are so proud of our big boy!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww he is such a cutie--I love hearing his stories. Proud of you big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised when I saw him cuddling a doll, until I read Dad had something to do w/ it. Way to go Braedan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how the transition had gone...way to go Braedan! And for mommy with a great idea!

    ReplyDelete