3 years ago
Friday, January 22, 2010
Well, we finally got in to see the ENT this week, and they have scheduled Zoey for surgery to get ear tubes and her adenoids out. Sigh. I can't say it doesn't stress me out to know she will have to go under general anesthia and we aren't allowed to see her till after she's awake and in recovery. But I know in the long run, she will be healthier and therefore, happier. The doc said she has so much fluid and pressure built up in there that he's surprised she can hear at all and wondered if we had her speech evaluated yet. I guess technically, she doesn't say a whole lot, mostly parrots what we say, so that's a good sign. I'm not worried about speech delays, but we'll follow up with our pediatrician after the surgery, which is scheduled in two weeks. Even after three injections of antibiotics, the infection is still raging and likely will not go away till all that fluid can be drained, releasing the pressure. Ugh. My poor baby!