Thursday, February 3, 2011

새해 복 많이 받으세요 Happy Lunar New Year!!

The year of the rabbit has commenced!

We celebrated with some traditional ddeokguk, paired with yakimandu and some radish and cucumber kimchi! Yummo!

I took lots of pictures since it was my first time making ddeokguk, which is rice cake soup, but I'll post all that tomorrow as I have about a million orders for my Etsy store to process before going out of town this weekend to, of all places in this weather, the beach!!

It's supposed to be nice and sunny, so I'm hoping to at least get some time with the kids playing in the sand!

In the meantime, read this great article about the Koreans and how they celebrate Lunar New Year!

새해 복 많이 받으세요 Happy Lunar New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. I got my ddeokguk for lunch! (So I could get a year older. ㅋㅋㅋ)

    ReplyDelete