Tuesday, May 31, 2011

From strangers, with love...

Tomorrow will begin our very first fundraiser for Emersyn's adoption!

As some of you know, I have a little Etsy store that I began on my own in January, making newborn props for photographers and new moms. It has really been a lot of fun, to say the least, and I feel very blessed it allows me to stay home with my kiddos and 'work from home'.

But I've also had the opportunity to network with some amazingly talented woman who have the same craft and I have to say that their support is priceless.

We'll be running an auction on plunderhere.com and many, many super generous business owners have donated items to auction, and many of my fans have been conditioning their bidding fingers!

I just cannot get over the love and support from these people I have never met, and probably never will meet, in real life.

They have done more than just donate an item...they have shared their feelings about adoption, filled me in on their own adoption stories, sent prayers our way, and given us an outpooring of support on our journey ahead...

It totally amazes me and I see God's hand in it for sure.

Several of the shop owners who donated were adopted themselves, and one even has a sister who was adopted from Korea!

Most of these shop owners are complete strangers. They heard about this upcoming auction, and didn't hesitate to contact me to give of their time and talent, for Emersyn...a complete stranger to them.

I've had a hard time finding the perfect words to express how very grateful we are to all of them, hoping that they know what it means to our family to be a part of this.

From strangers, with love, to our family of five.

To all of them, thanks for having a 'hand' in our adoption...(since I can't share pics of her face yet!)

1 comment: